The USATF So Cal Road Running Championships series offers opportunities for USATF members to compete at the mile, 5K, 8K, 10K, 15K, half-marathon, and marathon distances in some of the best road races and fastest courses in our region. In these events, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in 26 men’s and women’s 5-year age groups receive USATF Championship medals. The overall men’s and women’s winners also receive a handsome plaque.
2018 So Cal Grand Prix Standings
2018 So Cal Grand Prix Schedule
- 01/21/18: Grand Prix – Pasadena 5K
- 02/04/18: Grand Prix – Redondo Beach Super Bowl Sunday 10K / 5K
- 02/25/18: Grand Prix – Brea 8K Classic
- 03/04/18: Grand Prix – Screenland 5K – Culver City
- 03/18/18: USATF So Cal Marathon Championships – Los Angeles Marathon
- 03/18/18: Grand Prix – Spirit Run 5K – Newport Beach
- 03/18/18: USATF So Cal 10K Championships – Spirit Run 10K – Newport Beach
- 03/18/18: USATF So Cal Road Mile Championships – Spirit Run Mile – Newport Beach
- 04/07/18: Grand Prix – Santa Anita Derby 5K (tentative) – Arcadia
- 04/21/18: Grand Prix – El Segundo Run for Education 5K / 10K – El Segundo
- 05/05/18: Grand Prix – Wahoo’s OC 5K – Costa Mesa
- 05/06/18: Grand Prix – OC Marathon / Half – Costa Mesa
- Please check back for future updates.
2018 So Cal Grand Prix Rules
No additional entry fee is required to participate in the Road Running Championships Series. USATF members will have their results automatically included in the Grand Prix. If members do not see their results on the Grand Prix website, they can manually submit their finishing time to the Grand Prix organizer. Prize money is provided by the race organizers only and is available to all runners in the race – with or without USATF membership. This is the only prize money – there are no matching funds or additional cash prizes.
- 2018 USATF So Cal Grand Prix Rules – Awards – Prize Money
- $5700 Prize Money
- Championship medals awarded to top 5 overall M/W open and masters.
- USATF medals awarded to top 3 scorers in 26 M/W 5-year age groups.
- Championship plaques awarded to top 3 scoring clubs.
- Masters Road Running ∙ Robert Elsinger ∙ MastersRR@scausatf.org
- Open Road Running ∙ Robert Elsinger ∙ OpenRR@scausatf.org
2017 So Cal Grand Prix Results
- 2017 USATF So Cal Road Running Grand Prix – Final Standings
- 01/22/17: Grand Prix – Pasadena Half Marathon / 5K
- 02/05/17: Grand Prix – Redondo Beach Super Bowl Sunday 10K / 5K
- 02/26/17: USATF So Cal 8K Championships – Brea 8K Classic
- 03/12/17: USATF So Cal 5K Championships – Spirit Run 5K / 10K / 1 Mile
- 03/19/17: USATF So Cal Marathon Championships – Los Angeles Marathon
- 04/01/17: Grand Prix – Vets 4 Veterans Operation Restart Half Marathon / 10K / 5K
- 04/22/17: Grand Prix – El Segundo Run for Education 5K / 10K
- 05/06/17: Grand Prix – Wahoo’s OC 5K
- 05/07/17: USATF So Cal Half Marathon Championships – OC Marathon / Half
- 05/07/17: USATF Masters Half Marathon Championships | Recap
- 09/10/17: Grand Prix – Santa Monica Classic 5K / 10K
- 10/08/17: Grand Prix – Jet Blue Long Beach Marathon / Half
- 10/29/17: Grand Prix – School Ghoul 5K / 10K
- 11/05/17: USATF So Cal 10K Championships – Dino Dash 5K / 10K
- 12/10/17: Grand Prix – Holiday Half Marathon
- 12/16/17: Grand Prix – Santa Run 5K / 10K