The USATF So Cal Road Running Grand Prix offers opportunities for USATF members to compete at the mile, 5K, 8K, 10K, 15K, half-marathon, and marathon distances in some of the best road races and fastest courses in our region. In these events, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in 11 men’s and women’s 5-year age groups receive USATF Championship medals. The overall men’s and women’s winners also receive a handsome plaque.br>
2019 USATF So Cal Grand Prix Standings
2019 USATF So Cal Grand Prix Schedule
- 04/27/19 – Sat: El Segundo Run for Education 5K / 10K – El Segundo
- 05/05/19 – Sun: OC Marathon / Half – Costa Mesa
- 07/04/19 – Thu: Surf City Run 5K – Huntington Beach
- 08/03/19 – Sat: Pride of the Valley 5K – Baldwin Park
- 09/08/19 – Sun: Santa Monica Classic 5K / 10K – Santa Monica
- 10/13/19 – Sun: Jet Blue Long Beach Marathon / Half – Long Beach
- 11/28/19 – Thu: Dana Point Turkey Trot 5K / 10K – Dana Point
*Due to storm conditions slower 10K runners times were not recorded and 5K was not timed at all. Since official finish times are not available for all USATF participants, this race will not count for GP points.*
- 12/14/19 – Sat: Holiday Ugly Sweater Run 5K / 10K – Pomona
- 12/15/19 – Sun: Holiday Half Marathon – Pomona
2019 USATF So Cal Grand Prix Rules
No additional entry fee is required to participate in the So Cal Road Running Championships Series. USATF members will have their results automatically included in the Grand Prix. If members do not see their results on the Grand Prix website, they can manually submit their finishing time to the Grand Prix organizer. Prize money is provided by the race organizers only and is available to all runners in the race – with or without USATF membership. This is the only prize money – there are no matching funds or additional cash prizes.
*UPDATE: Due to the adverse weather conditions at the Dana Point Turkey Trot and the inability to receive finish times for all USATF participants, this race has been dropped from the Grand Prix Series, and the Series’ totals will be based on your best three, not four races.*
- 2019 USATF So Cal Grand Prix Rules – Awards – Prize Money
- $2,350 Prize Money (2019 half season)
- Championship medals awarded to top 5 overall M/W open and masters.
- USATF medals awarded to top 3 scorers in 11 M/W 5-year age groups.
- Championship plaques awarded to top 10 scoring clubs.
- Masters Road Running ∙ Bob Morris ∙ MastersRR@scausatf.org ∙ (949) 246-3738
- Open Road Running ∙ Bob Morris ∙ OpenRR@scausatf.org ∙ (949) 246-3738
- RACE DIRECTORS: 2020 USATF So Cal Grand Prix Bid Package