Training Clinics Information
Please choose from the training clinics below. You must attend one “Practical” clinic. Recertification Clinics offer the opportunity to work with other officials on any questions that you are having troubles with and to discuss situations that are not directly addressed in the rulebooks. Remember try to do as much of your test(s) as you can ahead of time. This will make the clinic go much more quickly. The certification testing clinics are there as a location to come and take the Certification Test for the new Olympiad and have a more senior official to help you with any questions you have.
Clinics begin at 9:00 a.m. and lunch will be included. You must RSVP to the clinic by either clicking on the link by the clinic(s) you wish to attend and filling out the RSVP form or emailing Faith Hogan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your RSVP helps us have the right number of lunches, the right tests and makes sure we are ready to cover the practical material that most interests you.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of the clinics that we will be having. We are currently working on dates for New Officials Clinics, a Starters Clinic and a Laser Operators clinic that will be required for anyone who wishes to become or remain certified to operate a Disto Laser at a meet.
Recertification Clinics (Clinics begin at 9:00 a.m.)
- 12/17/16 (Saturday) Whittier College, 13847 Earlham Drive, Whittier, CA 90602 — Focus — Certification Testing https://goo.gl/forms/kVdGCMSjK3gKScyE2
- 3/5/17 (Sunday) On Track and Field, 2901 Winona Ave, Burbank, CA 91504 — Focus — Best Practices of Officiating/Re-certification. This clinic will begin at 10:00 instead of 9:00 am https://goo.gl/forms/pBVFBUhAvJL6mXDX2
Practical Clinics (Clinics begin at 9:00 a.m.)
Focus for these clinics will be on Best Practices of Officiating
- 1/7/17 (Saturday) VS Athletics, 1450 W. 228th Street, #8, Torrance CA 90501 — Limited Hands on Training. https://goo.gl/forms/aojo1G44DzfWXZbw2
- 1/14/17 (Saturday) Westmont College, 955 La Paz Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93108 — Hands on Training and Re-certification testing https://goo.gl/forms/HilQeyRkyPzvWcBz1
- 1/29/17 (Sunday) Implements Inspectors Training Clinic — 13938 Carpintero Avenue, Bellflower, CA — 2:00 start time. This is a mandatory clinic for all current implement inspectors. It is open to anyone interested in learning how to be an implement inspector. https://goo.gl/forms/fyKwWbAGKiKYgXVu2
- 2/20/17 (Monday) Cal State University, Long Beach Track — 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
There will be a Hands on Training clinic at an All-Comers meet at Cerritos College in January, but not a confirmed date yet.