Obtain a USATF Member number at: usatf.sport80.com
– Make sure you choose “certified official” which will give you the option of 1 year ($40 plus processing fee) or 4 years ($140 plus processing fee).
Download New Officials Application Form (PDF) – fill out electronically and return by email, or print and complete.
Complete Online SafeSport Training (free) at: usatf.sport80.com
Good for one year.
Complete USATF officials Background Screen (NCSI only) at: usatf.sport80.com
Cost is $23 which you can find in your shopping cart at the top right.
Good for two years.
Once you have your USATF Membership Number (required) and you have completed the Apprentice Level Test, the final required items are:
- Make $40 check payable to USATFSCA. This fee covers your Certified Officials Identification Badge and your annual membership for the Southern California Association. You will also receive rule books as part of your fees.
- Take digital “head shot” photo that we can put on your badge. Please email this to [email protected] (Cell phone photos work well!) Duke Fuller is our Vice Chairman for Certification. Please put the words, “New Official Application” in your email subject line and explain in your email you are a new applicant and the paperwork referenced above is in the process of being sent or has already been sent.
- Mail all checks to: Steve McKay, Treasurer, 7571 E. Hollow Oak Road, Anaheim Hills CA, 92808
- Mail all documents to: Duke Fuller, Vice Chairman-Certification, 6231 Huntley Ave, Garden Grove CA, 92845.
- Attend a New USATF Officials’ Clinic – dates to be announced.
- Send all checks to: Andrew Bard, Treasurer: 557 East 2nd Street. Long Beach CA, 90803
Download the New Officials Meet Practicum Form (PDF) – First Year Official Instructions:
- Take the Practicum form to each meet to which you have been assigned or have made arrangements with an event chief or OC to work.
- Have the designated event chief or OC evaluate your performance and sign the form on the appropriate line.
- When you have completed the Practicum, return to: Duke Fuller, Vice-Chair: Certification – scan and email to: [email protected], or mail to: 6231 Huntley Ave, Garden Grove CA 92845.
USATF Starter Requirements
USATF Starters are a group of officials who start track meets at the college, open, youth, masters and
international level. Experience and knowledge of Open (USATF) and International (IAAF) rules and procedures are important—particularly when they are at odds with high school rules and procedures.
How to Become a USATF Starter
Call Duke Fuller at (714) 875-9341 or via email at [email protected].