I am sending this email in response to the current situation regarding the Coronavirus Pandemic. To ease your mind and get the latest updates from USATF you should check those USATF Daily Clips that are sent out regularly via email to members of USATF.
Nationally there has been suspension of all USATF Championship events for 30 days. Locally we have canceled the upcoming:
- Pacific Coast Shockwaves meet on 3/21
- Los Angeles Jets Relay Carnival on 3/28
- Chino Pumas on 4/3
- Pasadena Running Roses on 4/11
- Imani Speed City on 4/18-19
- Long Beach Sprinters on 4/25-26
We will re-evaluate the remaining meets as we get closer, or if a hosting club informs us that they have chosen not to host. We will also cancel the Southern California Youth Committee meeting scheduled for this evening.
If event organizers choose to cancel their event entirely, please visit this link. Event organizers can log into their event management page using their event ID and password. Once in the event management page, you can submit a request for a cancellation refund by clicking on “Cancel Event”.
For athletes/clubs who continue to train in a communal setting, follow proper hygiene practices to minimize chances of infection:
- If you are sick, STAY HOME.
- Follow latest guidance of no groups larger than 10 people through March 30.
- If at all possible, use “social distancing” to stay at least 6 feet from other individuals. If you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth using tissue, or your elbow.
- Wash your hands frequently, for at least 20 seconds using soap and water: upon entering and leaving a workout facility or athletic training room, before eating, after using the restroom, after coughing or sneezing, or after time in a public place. Examples of 20 seconds are to say the alphabet or sing happy birthday twice.
If you choose to continue practicing please keep in mind that if your club uses a facility that is not on your club practice insurance, you are not covered via USATF. Until the next time please take every avenue to stay healthy and do what is right for your athletes.
Make it a great day,
USATF SCA Youth Chair
USATF SCA VP-Youth Athletics